1 the complex of all the attributes--behavioral, temperamental, emotional and mental--that characterize a unique individual; "their different reactions reflected their very different personalities"; "it is his nature to help others"
2 a person of considerable prominence; "she is a Hollywood personality"
- A set of qualities that make a person (or thing) distinct from
- The president has a unique personality.
- An assumed role or manner of behavior.
- My work PC emulates a Windows (TM) personality.
- In his final act, the comedian takes on a child's personality.
- My work PC emulates a Windows (TM) personality.
- A celebrity.
- Johnny Carson was a respected television personality.
- Charisma, or qualities that make a person stand out from the
- The best contestant shows most personality.
set of qualities that make a person distinct from another
- Chinese: 性格 (xìng gé), 个性 (gè xìng)
- Danish: personlighed
- Dutch: persoonlijkheid
- Finnish: persoonallisuus
- French: personnalité
- German: Persönlichkeit
- Hungarian: egyéniség
- Italian: personalità
- Japanese: 人格 (じんかく, jinkaku)
- Korean: 인격 (ingyeok)
- Portuguese: personalidade
- Romanian: personalitate
- Russian: личность (líčnost’)
- Spanish: personalidad
- Swedish: personlighet
assumed role or manner of behavior
- ttbc Chinese: 性格 (xìng gé)
- ttbc Dutch: persoonlijkheid
- ttbc Telugu: వ్యక్తిత్వము (vyaktitvamu)
- ttbc Indonesian: kepribadian
- Pertaining to personality
- Honesty is a desirable personality trait.
Personality may refer to:
- Personality psychology is the theory and study of personality types, personality traits and individual differences
- Personality development, the study of human personality development over time
- Personality disorders, a class of mental disorders that is characterized by long-lasting rigid patterns of thought and actions
- Personality pathology is characterized by adaptive inflexibility, vicious cycles of maladaptive behavior, and emotional instability under stress
- Personality quiz, a series of questions (usually multiple-choice) intended to reveal something about the person who answers them
- Personality tests aim to describe aspects of a person's character, thoughts, and feelings
- Personality type refers to the psychological classification of different types of people
- Personality traits refers to patterns of relatively enduring characteristics of human behavior
- Personality alteration, a theory often associated with cults or brainwashing
personality in Czech: Osobnost
personality in Danish: Personlighed
personality in German: Persönlichkeit
personality in Estonian: Isiksus
personality in Spanish: Personalidad
personality in Italian: Personalità
personality in Dutch: Persoonlijkheid
personality in Japanese: 個性
personality in Norwegian: Personlighet
personality in Polish: Osobowość
personality in Portuguese: Personalidade
personality in Simple English: Personality
personality in Ukrainian: Особистість
personality in Chinese: 人格
Adamite, Establishment, VIP, an existence, anima, ascendancy, aspersion, authority, baron, being, big gun, big man, big name, big shot, bigwig, body, brass, brass hat, cat, celebrity, chap, character, charisma, charm, chief, clout, coconscious, collective unconscious, complexion, conscience, conscious self, consequence, control, creature, credit, critter, customer, death instinct, differentiation, differentness, dignitary, dignity, disposition, distinctiveness, dominance, domination, duck, earthling, effect, ego, ego ideal, ego-id conflict, egohood, elder, eminence, enchantment, entelechy, entity, esteem, ethical self, father, favor, fellow, figure, force, foreconscious, good feeling, great man, groundling, guy, hand, head, headliner, hold, homo, human, human being, human factor, humor, id, identity, importance, important person, imputation, incidental power, individual, individualism, individuality, influence, influentiality, innuendo, insinuation, integrity, interests, joker, leadership, leverage, libidinal energy, libido, life, lion, living soul, lords of creation, luminary, magnate, magnetism, makeup, man, man of mark, mastery, mind, mogul, moment, monad, mortal, motive force, nabob, name, nature, nominalism, nonconformity, nose, notability, notable, object, one, oneness, organism, panjandrum, particularism, particularity, party, person, person of renown, persona, personage, personal equation, personal identity, personal remark, personship, persuasion, pillar of society, pleasure principle, potency, power, power elite, preconscious, predominance, preponderance, pressure, prestige, primitive self, psyche, psychic apparatus, purchase, racial unconscious, reflection, reign, repute, rule, ruling circle, sachem, say, self, self-identity, selfhood, selfness, single, singularity, slur, sly suggestion, somebody, someone, something, soul, star, suasion, subconscious, subconscious mind, subliminal, subliminal self, submerged mind, subtle influence, suggestion, superego, superstar, supremacy, sway, tellurian, temper, temperament, terran, the great, the top, thing, top brass, top people, tycoon, uncomplimentary remark, unconscious, unconscious mind, uniqueness, unit, upper hand, very important person, vital impulse, weight, whip hand, whispering campaign, worldling, worthy